Christmas Cookie Kit ⋆ Baking Gift
Cookies are a universally loved treat. In fact, they are loved by both people and monsters (hello Cookie Monster). We have a few cookie monsters in our own family for sure. Plus, cookies are the preferred breakfast, lunch and dinner for Santa himself.
So I am going to make a self declaration that this Christmas Cookie Kit is the perfect gift for all your cookie loving friends and family! This post may have affiliate links.
DIY gift ideas are my favorite because you can make them unique to the recipient. See the easy ways to personalize this gift below to give you some thought starters.
All the items I’ve shown in this baking gift should fit perfectly in a large box or they can also fit into a large gift basket.
Many of the items I have listed can also be found at Dollar Tree or most Dollar stores. I am all about easy, frugal and wonderful Christmas gift ideas! How about you?
One of my favorite items in the Christmas Cookie Kit is Holiday Sprinkle Ornaments! How cute are they??? Additionally, they would make a cute ornament on their own, but they are also perfect in this baking gift.
The ornaments I used for these are from Hobby Lobby. They have a closed cap lid and they are found in the Hobby Lobby Christmas craft section. You could also use tiny jars or containers that are small and have lids. I just thought these Christmas light containers were too cute and hopefully they won’t run out before Christmastime (call your store ahead to make sure)!
If you cannot find the ones at Hobby Lobby then these ornament necklaces from Amazon (affliate)should work just fine. Just cut down or cut off the necklace part.
For this Cookie Kit Gift I also included a homemade Vanilla extract ornament. You can use any container you want for this, but the ones I used are found at Hobby Lobby. For more information on how to make them check out the Extract Ornaments post.
First, I shop at the Dollar Store before buying any other items. Most of the baking essentials like the half cookie sheet and spatulas are easily found at most dollar stores. You’ll also find tissue paper there and other goodies you might want to include. I always try to shop there first and then find the rest of the items later because it helps keep the cost down.
The mason jars I use are the 1 quart sized jars which work with the recipes I’ve included below.
Just sign up to be a VIP subscriber and you can download them and print them off. They can be two sided or print the label and directions separately. As a subscriber you’ll get access to any free printables I make in the future too.
Additionally, you can personalize this gift kit with items you think will be perfect for the person receiving it.
Here are some fun ways to personalize a Christmas Cookie Kit:
- For the Dog Lovers: Adding a dog shaped cookie cutter and maybe some snacks appropriate for a dog would be a huge hit for pups and their owners.
- Chocolate lover’s delight: Making a double chocolate chip cookie mix and adding chocolate sprinkles would be perfect for the chocolate lover.
- Making a Kid friendly version: By adding lots of plastic cookie cutters and a kid size Christmas apron; you’ll have a Christmas gift for any aspiring baker.
- Ideas for the coffee lover: Adding a coffee mug and some gourmet coffee mix makes this gift even more appealing to any coffee connoisseur.
Favorite Christmas character theme: Include your recipients favorite Christmas characters. Example: For a Santa theme you could include a Santa pot holder and other Santa themed items.
These Christmas Cookie Kits have delicious chocolate chip and sugar cookie mixes and all the tools to bake them inside.
Everyone will love all the care that went into finding the ingredients and baking tools included in this baking gift. I can’t wait to make these Christmas Cookie Kits for all my cookie loving friends, family and “monsters” in my life!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you LOVE this Christmas Cookie Kit baking gift, be sure to stop on over in my Pinterest Community to share a picture of YOUR completed pictures! Or share it on Instagram and tag me #sprinklesomefun so I can see it!
Christmas Cookie Kits (Chocolate Chip and Sugar Cookie recipes)
Sugar Cookie and Chocolate Chip Cookie mixes in a jar are a great DIY gift idea for the holidays!
Sugar Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 quart Mason Jar with lid
- Gift Tag optional see post
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix for Jar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
FOR SUGAR COOKIE MIX:
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl then set aside. In a 1 quart large mouth mason jar, add the sugar on the bottom and then layer the flour mixture on top. Attach a tag (sign up for free tag) with the following instructions:
- Recipe to attach: (or just print off the tag)
- Add contents of jar into a large bowl. Add 1 cup of softened butter; cut it in until the mixture is crumbly. Beat two eggs in a second bowl. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract. Beat until fluffy. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Chill covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch in thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should begin to brown. Decorate them with sugar or sprinkles before baking if desired.
FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE MIX:
- Add flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Place flour mixture in 1-quart jar. Layer remaining ingredients in the order they are listed above. Press each layer firmly so all ingredients will fit into the jar. Attach lid and decorate as desired. Print off the tags included when you sign up for emails above.
- Recipe to attach:
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large mixer bowl; Beat 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract until blended. Add cookie mix and 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional); mix well. If there are clumps break them up.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.